Privacy policies are not always easy to understand. We want to make sure you understand ours.
Our ultimate philosophy is maximising your privacy by making sure you know where your data goes, and that no one has access to it. We ensure this. How?
- We don't track you
- All of your cloud data is only accessible by you (since it is self-hosted and end-to-end encrypted)
- We are completely transparent
- We try to limit the number of 3rd parties as much as possible
We have limited the number of third parties we use to two. None of them have any access related to your private cloud.
- Stripe: We use Stripe for our payment platform to handle payments, therefore Stripe stores your credit card details. We don't have access to your payment details. Stripe handles that.
- Digital Ocean: We use Digital Ocean to host our servers. Digital Ocean stores our websites, our servers of payments, app downloads and updates. We chose Digital Ocean as we judge it’s the best compromise in terms of privacy/price/quality. Our servers are located in Germany. We chose this option as Germany is known to have a high focus on privacy. The likes of Docker, GitLab, Slack use Digital Ocean. Please note that no user data is stored on Digital Ocean.
The ultimate objective and main principle by which we work at Duple is respecting and promising maximum privacy to our users.